Monday 27 August 2007

Spring has finally sprung!

Its official, it been over a week without rain and had glorious sunshine too.. Stacie is a happy spring bunny!
Elsewhere it seems that the depression from my departure has lifted somewhat (I know you still morn :)) and life has indeed been getting along without me and I'm missing out on the fun.
Mr. & Mrs. Kocaoglu are eagerly preparing for the UK part of there nuptials, so I wish them a fab time and request that they take many photos and email me the gossip so I know what I've missed out on, and Michelle you can now relax a bit its all done now girl!
Also the increase of the Gill clan in the arrival of all 8Ibs, 7ozs of Amelie Ann Rachel - According to her Father the best 2 minutes work of his life. Starting to get pangs of homesickness at not being around for these things, especially as Denise suffered that pelvis thingy (which is the correct medical term) and has a zimmer frame until she can recover and she wont send me any photos... the rest of you do your duty and sent me one over, we must always look on the bright side of these things, its bad that shes in pain and cant walk but a zimmer frame is bloody funny stuff.
So back to backpacker thing....

Chirstchurch is where I'm at, as a tourist you generally dont want to spend too much time here as there isnt much going on, Art centre, punting, museum, gardens, gondola, its quite and relaxed and very English in its appearance and also street names. I have had a fantastic time here for 2 main reasons, the Babes and Al (no filthy minds this is not night involving many nude people!).
The Babe family where my host family for my WWOOFing (Willing workers of organic farms/ wwoof.com) and I spent an awesome week with them and their Blueberry Orchard (blueberrybliss.co.nz). In return for 4 hours a day pruning in the Orchard I got a bed, the best home cooking and spending time with this truly top family, I honestly cant say enough nice things about them, and indeed all their friends and family who went out of their way to make me feel right at home, and I would highly recommend the project to anyone and a big thank you to the Babes.
Young Al has set up home in this wee city and I am thanking the gods that he did (We will forgive the fact he's a Newcastle supporter) as I have had a great crack. Its great having a break from pretending to be young and cool to attract new friends for a while and to hang out with someone knows and accepts me as the twat that I am.
Al has also gone all out for me while I've been here, showing me the 'best parts of town' (and forgiving me for loosing us soo many games of pool) and taking me to my 1st Rugby match where we watched the mightily Canterbury kick the arses of Manawatu from the corporate suite, I know I dont belong in such places but I'm telling you do it once and you will never want to go back with the common folk again!
So its a huge thanks for Al also and a reminder that Sydney is just a short hop for a weekend visit ;)

So alls left is a short stay back in Auckland where I shall inflict my company on Kat once again. Best bits? New Zealand has the nicest people, so much so that it took me a while to stop thinking that everyone who asked how I'm was I going was trying to sell me something, I have 'misplaced' a few things while under the influence, and have got everything back after retracing my steps, even my camera which I left in a bar!!!

Next stop, Fiji and no doulbt sunburn...
Bye, bye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers for telling all about my zimmer!!! you cow.
Hope fiji is just as fab as the rest of your trip so far...
thank you for the hamper it was really nice... haven't had the wine yet still on meds, but the min i've finished the wine will be polished off in double quick time as it'll be the first drink in months & months.
i'll send you some photos every month so you can keep up on Amelie's progress & i'll show her pics of you & tell her this is the lucky mare who went travelling the world...
love always
Denise & Co xxxxxxxxxx

Stacie said...

I'm thinking of putting up a reward for photos still ;)
Dont over do it, that first glass is going to hit you hard after all this sober time honey
xx